Where Tanka Prose Grows: 2017
Welcome to this round of Where Tanka Prose Grows here at Mandy's Pages. Susan Burch and I welcome you to this friendly challenge. The aim of this challenge is to create awareness about the beauty and intricacies of tanka prose, with the hopes that tanka poets may take that next step to blending tanka with prose / literature to create a lyrical narration.
First Place: USD 20.00 + eCertificate
Dr. Shrikaanth K. Murthy, editor of Blithe Spirits, awards the first place winner with three issues of Blithe Spirits, 2017.
Second Place: eCertificates + two issue of Blithe Spirits (by Dr. Shrikaanth K. Murthy)
Third Place: eCertificates
Contest starts on September 01, 2017 and ends on September 30, 2017
Guidelines for Submission
Theme: None / Poet's Choice
Form: Tanka Prose
Entry: Each participant is allowed to submit ONLY ONE entry to “Where Tanka Prose Grows :2017”.
Submissions have to be original and unpublished tanka prose . (Tanka prose shared via social media will not be accepted.)
There will be no entry fee for "Where Tanka Prose Grows :2017" participation.
Subject for the email will be: Where Tanka Prose Grows 2017: Tanka Prose Title (eg: Where Tanka Prose Grows 2017: A Winter's Night)
You will add details such as name and location below your tanka prose in the body of the email.
Please do not send any attachments along with your email. Each tanka prose entry should have a unique title, and be neatly spaced in the body of the email.
We request that you do not disclose your submissions online at public discussions prior to judging.
- “Where Tanka Prose Grows: 2017” runs from September 01 to September 30, 2017. Judging will take place after the challenge ends.
- Each participant will have to judge the list of entries in order to be an active participant for the respective round. Failure to judge the entries will automatically disqualify the entrant from scoring points.
- Each participant will receive the list of submissions by email.
- Entries will be anonymous.
- You are not allowed to rate your own submission.
- Rating will follow a specific pattern. Each participant has a total of 7 points to distribute between the tanka prose of their choice. These 7 points may be awarded to tanka prose as 1, 2 or 3 points each, with 3 points awarded to only one entry from the list. There may be multiple scores of 1 and 2 points each (totaling to 7). You may add your constructive comments along with your scores.
- All scores will be tallied to determine the winners.
- The results of 'Where Tanka Prose Grows: 2017’ will be announced by the end of October.
- The top three entries will be posted on the website.
- Each winning entry will receive a ‘Certificate of Merit’ from Mandy’s Pages electronically.